ultrasonic adj : having frequencies above those of audible sound [syn: supersonic]
EtymologyFrom ultra- + sonic.
- Beyond (higher in frequency than) the range of sound perceptible to the human ear; with a frequency of 20 kilohertz or higher.
beyond (higher in frequency than) the range of sound perceptible to the human ear
- Czech: nadzvukový, nadzvuková, nadzvukové
- Slovak: nadzvukový, nadzvuková, nadzvukové
Ultrasound is sound with a frequency greater than the upper limit of human hearing. Ultrasonic is an adjective referring to ultrasound.
- Ultrasound and ultrasonic may also refer to:
- Medical Sonography, sometimes called Medical ultrasonography, an ultrasound-based diagnostic imaging technique
- The Ultrasonics, a dance band
- Ultrasound (band), a rock band
- Gravis Ultrasound, a sound card for the PC
- Ultrasonics, a trade term for the use of high-intensity acoustic energy to change materials
- Ultrasonic testing, a technique of Non-destructive testing
- Ultrasonic cleaning